A good ol’ fruit salad breakfast is such a refreshing start to the Skool morning, but the trick is not to be boring! See how you can mix it up with these extraordinary, quick n easy recipes.
Breakfast Fruit Salad Cocktail
• 1 red apple, sliced very thin
• 1 green apple, sliced very thin
• Strawberries, quartered (some left whole for garnish)
• Cranberry juice
• White cranberry juice
Start by filling an a glass (8 ounce glass recommended) full of sliced apples, cut strawberries and raspberries.
Top it off with two parts cranberry juice and one part white cranberry juice.
Garnish with a strawberry.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Grape Banana Salad
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
• 1/2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
• 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in fruit and nuts.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Summertime Tropical Fruit Salad
- 1 Mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 Papaya, sliced and peeled
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Fresh pineapple – peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, gently toss together the mango, papaya, oranges, kiwis and pineapple.
In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, marshmallow and vanilla extract on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Topping can be poured over fruit or left in a separate bowl for dipping.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Tropical Avocado Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
Combine avocado, mango, pineapple and coconut in medium bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, lime juice and zest and honey. Pour over fruit mixture and mix gently. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 mins
(Cover photo via weheartit / featured images via flickr & tumblr)