Over the years, the whole breakfast is a “must”might have become an old wives tale, but ultimately it’s the maker or breaker of your diet. And if you’re merely skipping brekky as part of another ‘lose weight quick scheme’…stop kidding your life, like now.
Here are reasons why breakfast should be a priority in your diet:
1. I’ll break it down simply, when your body has not eaten for hours and hours and hours, it’s metabolic rate slows down. So what do you think breakfast does? CORRECT, it speeds that metabolism right on up and burns those calories…now you lose weight.
2. Do you care for your education at all? There’s nothing worse than going to Skool looking like a ‘bed head’. It has been proven that people who eat breakfast are more alert and perform better on tests than people who skip breakfast.
3. I don’t know about you, but me + hunger + tiredness = NO GO ZONE. Ever been around a grouchy hungry person? They probably didn’t eat their breakfast. Studies show a clear positive correlation between people who eat breakfast and a positive mood. It would be wise to start the day on the right track, right?
4. Good breakfast foods provide important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein and fibre…notice how I said ‘good foods’and not four digestive biscuits smothered in hazelnut spread. The body needs these essential nutrients and according to research if they are missed at breakfast, they are less likely to be compensated for later in the day.
5. And then there were five. Last point girls, and thank you for staying so attentive, I know it’s not the most exciting of topics, but it’s still important. Anyway, did you know breakfast restores glucose levels, an essential carbohydrate needed for the brain to function…no? Neither did I, well until now. I’m all for improving my brain power, heck knows my concentration levels could do with a boost, honestly sometimes I’m like a child. Many studies have shown how eating breakfast can improve memory and concentration levels, as a result your happier, your mood is improved and you have lower stress levels. Not bad huh?
So the moral of the story is…just eat your breakfast for the love of Charlotte!
(Cover photo via weheartit)