1. Moringa Oil
Best for: Protection from sun damage
Why?Contains high content of antioxidants and is loaded with nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, E and minerals: copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, silica and manganese.
- Protects skin from sun damage and aging
- Diminishes wrinkles
- Lightens skin tone
- Deeply moisturises the skin
2. Argan Oil
Best for: Anti-aging
Why? It contains high amount of vitamin E which helps to reduce the free radical damage. It also contains saponins, which act as a skin softening agent. The oil restores the skin’s hydro-lipid layer, this helps to fight off early signs of ageing (not that us Skool girls need worry about fine lines and wrinkles right now…I hope!)Benefits:
- Provides sun protection
- Heals scars and joint pain
- Enhances the bodies immunity and circulation by reducing inflammation.
- Relives dry and itchy skin
- Removes stretch marks
3. Rose hip seed Oil
Best for: Restoring moisture
Why? It contains essential fatty acids, an antioxidant (vitamin C), and a natural retinol (vitamin A) making it ideal for protecting your skin as well as increasing cell turnover.Benefits:
- Improves skin elasticity
- Boost skin cell regeneration
- Provides anti-aging properties
- Heals scars
4. Tea tree Oil
Best for:Relieving Acne
Why? Pure tea tree oil is a natural alternative for healing pimples, spots and blemishes opposed to using harsh chemicals and alcohol.Benefits:
- Cure athlete’s foot and fungal nail infection.
- Antiseptic properties: treats cuts, wounds, burns, boils and other skin disorders.
- Soothes skin and reduces redness and itching
- Cure for corns
- Cure for chapped lips.
- Undiluted tea tree oil cures warts.
5. Almond Oil
Best for: Balancing complexion
Why? Almond oil is antioxidant rich, high in vitamin A.B and E, fat and protein content and contains a plethora of essential nutrients helping to maintain moisture levels of the skin.Benefits:
- Improve the complexion and retaining glow
- Soothe skin irritation and skin inflammation
- Relieve dry and irritated skin
- Nourish skin, making it softer and smoother
- Cures chapped lips and body rashes.
6. Mustard Oil
Best for: Achieving smoothness
Why? It’s extremely beneficial for skin and is often used in aroma therapy treatments. Before applying, it is advisable to do patch a test to ensure that you are not allergic to it.Benefits:
- Removes tan and dark spots
- Lightens the skin
- Natural sunscreen
- Stimulates sweat glands
- Promotes lip care
- Treats rashes and infections
7. Coconut Oil
Best for: Relieving Dry Skin
Why? It has a high fat content consisting of 90% of saturated fats, which act as a great skin moisturiser. It also contains Vitamin E, which is known for its skin smoothing properties.Benefits:
- Fights skin infections
- Repairs damaged skin
- Reduces wrinkles
- Treats sunburn and rashes
(Cover photo via weheartit)